Thursday 7 June 2012

Fudging Excited for Reads

FUDGING EXCITED FOR READS

Feedback by Robison Wells

If you thought your school was corrupted, than you ain't seen nothing yet.

If there was one book that was a sleeper hit and unexpectedly drew me in, then Robison Wells' Varient would be the best sleeper surprise! I did not expect myself to enjoy Varient as much as I did and picked it up as a little breather from the heavy university reading list that made up my Spring semester.

To my (HAPPY) surprise, Varient was just as heavy and way more engrossing than most YA I have read so far in 2012. While it may sound like a child's dream - school with no teacher supervision, paintballing, delicious food, and no homework - it quickly becomes Benson's nightmare. The twists and turns in this book literally had me on the edge of my seat, and I quickly found myself devouring Varient. In fact, I spent a majority of my study time starting and finishing this book. I needed to find out what happened and instead of pausing for breath, I dived right in and found that my attention could not even think to focus on studying and papers until I had found out how Benson's journey concluded.

Now, I have discovered that my wishes have been answered and this fall Benson's world will be rocked once again. The cliffhanger at the end of Varient really rattled my brain. It really confused me and reading this book kind of felt like one big mind-trip.

On a side note, the characters in Varient are pretty interesting and of course, our main man Benson is a pretty good lead. While many might think Varient as an overstretching plot and strange twists, I love those types of devices and it all seemed possible within the confines of Varient.
I am really, really on the edge of my seat with joy at the release of Feedback, and am ready for the mind-blowing revelations and unexpected surprises that Wells is sure to deliver!

Title: Feedback

Author: Robison Wells

Release Date: October 2, 2012

Preorder / Goodreads / Robison Wells' page

Benson Fisher escaped from Maxfield Academy’s deadly rules and brutal gangs.

Or so he thought.

But now Benson is trapped in a different kind of prison: a town filled with hauntingly familiar faces. People from Maxfield he saw die. Friends he was afraid he had killed.

They are all pawns in the school’s twisted experiment, held captive and controlled by an unseen force. As he searches for answers, Benson discovers that Maxfield Academy’s plans are more sinister than anything he imagined—and they may be impossible to stop.

Variant blew readers away with its breakneck pacing, flawless plotting, and impossibly high stakes. It earned starred reviews from both Publishers Weekly and VOYA, which described it as “an exciting, edge-of-your-seat read that combines psychological themes from works like Lord of the Flies, The Hunger Games, and Ender’s Game in a truly unique way.”

In Feedback, Robison Wells delivers all the answers you’ve been craving—with enough twists and turns to keep readers guessing until the very last page.

Check out the book trailers for Varient!
Trailer #1
Trailer #2
Trailer #3

No comments:

Post a Comment