Tuesday 5 June 2012

Fudging Excited for Reads

FUDGING EXCITED FOR READS

Shadows by Ilsa J. Bick

I am super excited for this release! I read Ashes, the first in the trilogy, last fall and it completely blew my expectation out of the park! Not only was it gritty and frightening, but it was pretty realistic! It is not your normal run-of-the-mill zombie book, where there is a virus or a supernatural event - it's technological. I always knew suspected technology would ultimately be society's downfall and Ashes showcases that to a T.


I really loved how Bick does not hold anything back. Ashes appealed to me so much because of how real it felt. Like if this happened, and someone was stranded out in the woods then 'Yes I could totally picture this'. Nothing was sugar-coated and there were certainly moments where I had to bite my lip and put the book down for a moment to just take it all in.

I have read one of Bick's other novels, and I really love her style. My fingers are crossed that Alex's journey continues to be portrayed realistically as possible. But no pressure here!

Title: Shadows

Author: Ilsa J. Bick

Hardcover

Page Number: 518 pages

                                   Release Date: September 25th, 2012

Summary:
The Apocalypse does not end.
The Changed will grow in numbers.
The Spared may not survive.


Even before the EMPs brought down the world, Alex was on the run from the demons of her past and the monster living in her head. After the world was gone, she thought Rule was a sanctuary for her and those she'd come to love.

But she was wrong.

Now she's in the fight of her life against the adults who would use her, the survivors who don't trust her, and the Changed who would eat her alive.

Welcome to Shadows, the second book in the haunting apocalyptic Ashes Trilogy: where no one is safe and humans may be the worst of the monsters.

Not sure if Shadows is for you? Check out the Ashes book trailer!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment